Monday, December 7, 2009

Long time, no blog!

Wow! It has been a while, hasn't it! We have been sooo busy with work, volleyball and now basketball that I haven't taken the time to blog. But since it is Christmas time and one of my most favorite times of the year, I thought I would pause a minute and blog. My love for the holidays definitely comes from my parents! My dad is always sooo giving all year but around the holidays he is AMAZING! I think this is because of my mom and her love for Christmas! He loves to make her happy, sooo Christmas is the perfect time for him to do this!
My mom absolutely loves the holidays! For as long as I can remember, she has worked extremely hard and for days decorating the house, shopping, wrapping presents, making candy, etc...She wants everything to be just perfect! AND it always is! She and I have this tradition that we get up way too early the day after Thanksgiving and literally shop til we drop! This is probably my greatest, most enjoyable time to spend with Mom! For many, many years to come, shopping with my mom the day after Thanksgiving will be one of my greatest memories. Chelsea has been old enough for a while to go with us but this year, now that she is almost 16, I got to enjoy this tradition with the 2 ladies I love the most in this world! We had sooo much fun and truly enjoyed just spending time together!

On another note, this month is also a busy month because Chelsea's parents didn't do a very good job planning her arrival into this world and she has a birthday on the 18th. She will be 16! Ugh! I can't believe my baby will be 16! We are having a little party for her this weekend and that should be a lot of fun once it's here and all of the stress of planning it is over with! Will post more on the party, hopefully with some pictures soon! Until then, enjoy the season! Lisa

No comments: