Wednesday, March 11, 2009

FINALLY!


Finally, Chelsea got to play a softball game last night! WOOHOO! She played 1st base and went 1 for 2 at the plate, with 1 RBI. I was so proud of her. I have to admit, I was really nervous for her. She absolutely LOVES softball and couldn't wait until the season started and yesterday after practicing for a whole month, the big day was here. I just wanted, as all moms want for their children, for her to do well. I told her when I dropped her off at school yesterday morning to remember to just have fun. I think I didn't remind Chance enough to do that so I wanted to be sure and correct that with Chels. "Besides," I told her, "as long as you've waited to have a game and with us not knowing how many of the district teams have JV teams, this may be the only game you have!" (I most certainly hope not, of course!) The team lost 7-6 last night, playing only 3 innings, but boy, they gave them a run for their money!!